The Family

Me - Mum and wife, part time PA, small time collector of vintage china , amateur singer and actress, cross-stitcher, cook and cake baker.

Hubby - Dad and husband, computer fixer, dress maker, Lego builder, tenor and fez wearer. Loves his food except celery and basil.

DD - pre- teen daughter, bright, beautiful, talented, sporty, kind, honest, loving and funny. Knows what she likes and what she doesn't but tastes are getting wider as she gets older.

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Veggie meals

Hello!

I'm back. Sorry I've been so busy blogging has fallen by the wayside a bit

Anyway, just a quick update for you

After a request from DD we are now eating at least one vegetarian meal a week (as well as fish on Fridays). I still need to spend some time going through and looking at recipes to make sure that vegetarian doesn't just mean cheese and pastry!!

In the meantime we have tried Linda McCartney's Deep Country Pies which were lovely and Sainsburys Cheese and Onion crispbakes which we all liked

So... We're trying but I want to make more effort to cook veggie from scratch. Any recipes or hints would be gratefully received!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you're doing this ... it's so good for health and the planet. :-) And, I think you're wise to look for dishes you can cook from scratch ... even vegetarian/vegan food can be highly processed and less than healthy. I have a page on my site just full of great recipes. Most of them have come from my "guest chefs" ... there's quite a variety and they are all delicious. Here's the page if you're looking for some inspiration:
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com/p/vegan-recipes.html
    Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete