I found the recipe here
I was really pleased with how easy it was to make and how exactly it tasted like raspberry ripple ice cream!
125g melted butter
300g frozen raspberries
60g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 lemon
450g cream cheese
225g caster sugar
400g double cream
- Line a loose bottomed 20cm diameter tin with cling film or greaseproof paper
- Crush the biscuit to crumbs - I use the rolling pin method
- Mix the crumbs with the melted butter
- Press into the tin and chill
- To make the raspberry puree, put the raspberries and icing sugar in a pan and gently heat for about 10 minutes until liquid, then push through a sieve to remove seeds
- Mix the cream cheese, lemon zest and vanilla
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold in with the cream cheese mix
- Spread 3/4 of the cream cheese mix on top of the biscuit base, then blob on half of the puree
- Spread the rest of the cream cheese on top and pour more puree on the top and swirl.
- Chill until set
This was the first time I had made this and next time I try to spread the puree more evenly through the layers of cream cheese as the ripple effect was only evident on top.
I did have some puree left over which I put in a jug and allowed people to add more if they wanted.
I made it on Friday to eat on Sunday and it was really lovely.