I also find that adding garlic to the meatballs is overpowering so I just leave it out.
500g minced turkey
3 tablespons of semolina
2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
pinch of salt
good grind of black pepper
- Bung all ingredients in a bowl and mix together
- Form the meatballs by rolling small amounts of the mix in your hands (approx 1 teaspoon but don't measure)
- Place the meatballs on a plate or baking tray lined with cling film and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- I cook these by adding them to the tomato sauce which is cooking on the hob - partially cover with a lid and leave to simmer for at least 20 minutes - don't stir as this will make the meatballs break up
- After 20 minutes I check if the meatballs are cooked by cutting one open
I found that making this quantity gave me 97 meatballs so I cooked 33 (11 each!) for dinner last night and froze the rest in two separate batches so I have some ready for next time.
I served them with rice and very nice they were too!